Moonbow

Last winter when it was really cold I had the furry ones out at night and I saw the most amazing thing, a rainbow around the moon.  I stood outside for ages just looking at it, fantastic.  I had never seen anything like this before.  It was one of those things that make you appreciate how wonderful the world can be.

When I mentioned it most people hadn't seen one but one person said it was a moonbow and that they are really rare.  I did try to take a picture but my camera isn't that good.  By the power that is Google here are some from people with posh cameras:

Stolen from - link - where you can learn all about moonbows if you are of a curious nature.


Stolen from - link
These are the best pictures I could find but they are nothing like seeing the real thing.  Keep your eyes on the moon, its worth it.

6 comments:

Just Plain Tired said...

I've never heard of a moonbow, and those pictures are awesome.

Katherine Jenkins said...

Amazing moonbow...you are blessed to see one. Thanks for following my blog..it's almost midnight, so that seemed an appropriate time to comment to you here ^_^! Thanks for following my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fizzee rascal said...

Great Pics, I think I've seen them occasionally

Miss Melicious said...

I've never seen one...or even heard of one, but thanks for posting ....so I can live vicariously through you!

DanWins said...

If you are getting repeats love please just post one.

My computer is acting weird today tried to comment about the moonbows but for some reason my computer keeps giving me 503 errors.

Anyway, I think it is Awesome what things our skies can produce for us to see/view at times.

Iron Criterion said...

Never actually seen a moonbow, but love the pictures - they have an eerie twilight zone quality.

Post a Comment

About me

My photo
30 something female, GSOH, independent, unreliable, seeks sanity. Must like dogs and handbags!